We are hoping to find time to improve this glossary. Only a few items are available. For your relevant search, please click on one of the letters below:
- A: Icelandic abbreviation of East (compass direction, easterly, eastern).
- ANA: Icelandic abbreviation of Eastnorthesast (compass direction).
- ASA: Icelandic abbreviation of Eastsoutheast (compass direction).
- °C: Celcius temperature scale (Centigrade).
- Coastal stations: Stations at exposed coastal locations, vital information for fishing vessels and boating.
- fim: fimmtudagur = Thursday
- Flugveðurspá: Veðurspá fyrir flugumferð á íslenska flugumsjónarsvæðinu.
- fös: föstudagur = Friday
- hPa: - Hectopascal, 1 hPa = 1 mb.
- klst: klukkustund = hour, hours
- km: - Kilometre - 1000 metres.
- lau: laugardagur = Saturday
- M - m: metre
- m/s: Metres per second, wind speed
- mán: mánudagur = Monday
- mið: miðvikudagur = Wednesday
- mín. minutes.
- mm: - Millimetres. Precipiation is measured in mm.
- N: Icelandic abbreviation of North (compass direction, northerly, northern).
- NA: Icelandic abbreviation of Northeast (compass direction).
- NNA: Icelandic abbreviation of Northnortheast.
- NNV: Icelandic abbreviation of Northnorthwest.
- NV: Icelandic abbreviation of Northwest (compass direction).
- PDF skjöl: (Portable Document Format):
- Road stations: Stations at exposed locations on highways and mountain passes, vital information on wind, temperature for car drivers and other travelers.
- S: Icelandic abbreviation of South (compass direction, southerly, southern).
- SA: Icelandic abbreviation of Southeast (compass direction).
- Sek.: second (time).
- Sjóveðurspá: Marine weather forecast for the fishing banks arround Iceland and shipping routes in the area.
- Skýjahula: Cloud cover (in oktas).
- Spábreytur: Forecasts variables (predictand).
- SSA: Icelandic abbreviation for Southsoutheast (compass direction).
- SSV: Icelandic abbreviation for Southsouthwest (compass direction).
- Staðaspá - staðaspár: Local weather forecast.
- sun: sunnudagur = Sunday
- SV: Icelandic abbreviation of Southwest (compass direction).
- Textaspár: Text forecast.
- Travel locations: Popular tourist destinations.
- Uppsöfnuð úrkoma: Cumulative precipitation.
- V: Icelandic abbreviation of West (compass direction, southerly, southern).
- Veðurhorfur: Weather outlook.
- Veðursjá: Weather RADAR
- Veðurþáttaspá 9 km: Deterministic weather forecast (grid point interval (resolution) 9 km).
- Veðurþáttaspá 3 km: Deterministic weather forecast (grid point interval (resolution) 3 km).
- Veðurþáttur - veðurþættir: Weather element, elements (precipitation, wind, temperature, etc.)
- VNV: Icelandic abbreviation of Westnorthwest (compass direction).
- VSV: Icelandic abbreviation of Westsouthwest (compass direction).
- Yfirlitsstöðvar: Weather stations, typical for larger areas.
- þri: þriðjudagur = Tuesday