EEA Grants Conference on Adaptation to Climate Change
Too Much, Too Little - The Role of Water in Adaptation to Climate Change
The Governments of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Portugal are hosting a conference on the role of water in adaptation to climate change.
The theme of this EEA Grants Conference is: Too Much, Too Little - The Role of Water in Adaptation to Climate Change. The venue is the Myriad Crystal Center, Parque das Nações, Lisboa, Portugal.
The conference is exploring:
- The policy framework or frameworks for adaptation to climate change
- The news in science related to impacts and vulnerabilities of water and water related sectors
- The experiences in water related national challenges, such as drought, floods or storm surges
- Adaptation policies and practices in cities, agriculture and in coastal areas
- The need to think beyond national borders
Participants are those countries and actors involved in the EEA Grants programmes and/or in the development of adaptation policies in the EU. Árni Snorrason, Dir. General of the Icelandic Meteorological Office, will give a lecture on the effect of climate on the water cycle.