Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to usage of data from the Icelandic Meteorological Office's web-site:
- Unless stated otherwise, you are free to use data on this web-site; however, if the data are used for presentation or publication, reference must be made to the Icelandic Meteorological Office. The same stipulation applies to the graphical representation of IMO data. Unless stated otherwise, there are no restrictions on the use of IMO data, neither for private nor commercial use.
- Data means any type of forecast, measurement, observation, calculated result or derived data (i.e. from model calculations). Many pages on the IMO web-site contain real-time data that has not been assessed; note that these data are preliminary and that they might change after revision. The Icelandic Meteorological Office does not guarantee that data on its web-site will always be accessible and up-to-date.
- Internal and published IMO reports often contain specific information on how the available data should be referenced. If not stated otherwise, written subject matter falls under the clause of the copyright law (nr. 73/1972, with later changes). No authorisation is given to change the content of IMO reports that are accessible via the web-site. Furthermore, no authorisation is given to change data or any other information available from this web-site, unless the source and modification is stated clearly. (i.e., a description of data sourced from IMO and the subsequent changes made by others.)
- The Icelandic Meteorological Office does not collect personal information about users of its web-site. However, details about the operating system and Internet browser used to access the web-site are logged on the web server at IMO.
- The Icelandic Meteorological Office is not responsible for any harm or damage that may result from incorrect or missing data on its web-site.
- By using the IMO web-site you agree to the terms and conditions stated on this page.
- Anyone can download images (photos) as they appear on our web-site (low resolution) but IMO does not fullfill requests for images in higher resolution. Such requests will possibly be forwarded to the author (photographer).
Further details about the above terms and conditions are stated in the current Icelandic law about weather services (nr. 142/2004), and in the regulations of the Icelandic Meteorological Office (nr. 367/1996). For additional information, please contact the IMO web-master.